Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Elmo and Easter

He's the only child in our family
that has been with us for EVERY birthday.
This year, he celebrated birthday number three!
Hard to believe that he's already a big boy.
We celebrated with Elmo and his Mom.
What fun we all had together.
How fun to see him
turn three!
It was our third birthday with him.
It was his Mom's first birthday with him.
How happy he was, and we were, to share
it with her.
After birthdays, it was Easter time.
We took a trip to my Dad's house.
It was my first time there since my Mom has died.
It was a hard trip, but as usual, the kids
made it a fun trip.
We enjoyed Chuck E. Cheese,
Easter egg dying,
and beautiful weather.
The kids loved being able to decorate our
eggs outside.
Easter morning, they couldn't wait to
see what the Easter bunny brought for them.
They waited so patiently to see their
baskets before church.
How cute they all looked in their
matching clothes.
The Easter bunny did not disappoint.
P. carefully looked at everything in his
basket.
The candy was everybody's favorite part of
the morning.
The Big K. even made a candy
creation with his chocolate bunny and
some Skittles.
After our Easter lunch, it was time to
hunt for Easter eggs.
P. was so excited to find so many
eggs with his name on them.
Easter was always my Mom's favorite holiday.
Last year, she was doing really well.
We thought for sure that she would be here this year
to celebrate with us. It was so different without her.
We all spent a lot of time remembering her. Missing her.
Loving her. Crying for her.
Easters will never be what they used to be when
my Mom was alive. How thankful I am to know that because
Jesus died on the cross, for me, for you, for her, I will
see her again in heaven. Her death was not good
bye. It was, "See you soon."
Thank you Jesus that I can say, "Mom,
I'll see you soon."

Happy Easter. From our family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment