Monday, May 17, 2010

Out To Dinner

Jon and I love going to a local
Vietnamese restaurant.
When we were dating, we
went there a lot.
Before we had kids, we went there a lot.
After kids, when we had a sitter, we'd go there a lot.
I used to eat there with my Mom.
Mom and I would go so often, that the owner would
ask me where "my friend" was if I went without
her. Jon and I always talked about taking the kids
to the restaurant.
The food is different than what they're used to,
but it is always really, really good.
This weekend, we took all four of the kids out for dinner at the
Vietnamese restaurant.
"They all yours?" the owner asked when we sat down.
How good it felt to say, "Yes they are all ours."
The kids loved the food. They ate and ate and ate.
The owner was super impressed that they enjoyed
her country's fare. The food was such a hit
that I do believe we'll be going there again-
with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment