Monday, October 31, 2011

The Men In My Life

We live in  an era where there are advertisements that
encourage men to be "fathers".
Where women grew up being told,
"It's okay. Your child doesn't need a father. You
can do anything. You can be both parents."
I have many friends who are single mothers, whether by choice or not.
It's a job I could NEVER do. It's hard work to be a parent.  I can't even
begin to imagine doing it alone.
All four of my children were born to single mothers.
When they were removed from their single mother birth homes,
they were placed into single mother foster homes.
None of my children had "fathers".
A few weeks ago, Jon thought it would be great fun to go hiking.
I of course agreed.  Together, we hiked a mountain.
I watched as my husband easily lifted our children onto rocks
they couldn't reach.
I listened as he encouraged them to climb.
I watched him, with our three sons, as they took in the view from the
top of the mountain. I couldn't help but think how
fortunate my children are. Not just that the Lord brought them
to a permanent, loving, stable family, but that He saw
fit to give them a father. A man who loves them more
than he loves himself.  A man who does all the things
Dads do with their kids.  A man, who every day, makes the choice to
be their father.  

No comments:

Post a Comment