Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting Ready For Christmas (Where did November go?)

I spent all of November away from my blog, because I 
 spent the month writing 
a novel. My brother  talked me into participating
in National Novel Writing Month.  I have to say, it was a lot of fun.
I was thrilled not just to write, but to achieve my goal.
Now, the Christmas season is already upon us. I still can't
believe it's December.
The weekend after Thanksgiving, we made
our annual trip to a local tree farm.
It seemed incredibly strange to be hiking through mud
 instead of snow. The day that we went, the temperatures were
in the 60's!
It was the first time EVER that we've gotten our tree
without hats, mittens, gloves, boots, and complaints about
the cold. P. was THRILLED to be the one that
found our tree. Here it is, still in the field.
Baby J. and The Big K. got tired of waiting for the tree
to be chopped down, so they decided to do
some sword fighting. Ah, boys.
After chopping down the tree, it was time
for our tree decorating party. In our
family, everything is a party.  Like all good parties
we had sweets and eggnog!
The kids look forward to chopping and decorating our tree every year.
It's fun to see the older two kids sharing our traditions with the 
younger two.
Celebrating Christmas with the kids is always so much fun!
I hope that the traditions that we share as a family will
be happy memories that all four of them will have
as they grow up and have families of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment