Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time Marches On

As much as I would like time to stand still, it doesn't.
Life moves forward, time goes on.
We have enjoyed many fun things this past month.
My Aunt Pammie came all the way from Arizona to
visit.
She brought gifts for the kids and stories
of my Mom to share with all of us.
Her visit was a blessing to us in so many
ways.  How much I wish that my Mom were there to share the
time together.
Halloween came again.  We celebrated with
our traditional Halloween dinner,
Jack-O-Lantern Quesadillas.
Despite Jon's misgivings, I let all of the children
use knives.  Baby J. had a great time cutting his tortilla
to bits.
After dinner, our four little monsters enjoyed some
trick-or-treating around the neighborhood.
Notice Wolverine's fight stance.
He learned that from his father.
Baby J.  walked happily through the neighborhood
saying,"Trick-or-treat.  Thank you.  You give me
more?"
Jon and I also celebrated the two year
anniversary or our older
children's adoption.
We enjoyed cake for breakfast,
and PRESENTS.  Being adopted rocks.
I can't believe that it's already been two years.
It's been a hard fall.  I have been dreading this
month, this week, this time.
Tomorrow, my Mom has been gone for one year.
It seems so much longer.  It seem so much shorter.
I am thankful that she was there to see our children adopted.
I'm thankful that I could tell her how much I loved her.
I am thankful that she was able to celebrate their first adoption
anniversary with us.  I am thankful that she is my Mom.
She made me the person that I am today.
I pray every day that I will be to my children the person that she is to me.
I know that time marches on. I wish that it didn't, but it
does. I am happy that I am able to make memories
with the people that I love.
I am thankful that one day my Mom and I will see
each other again.  Once again I will say,
"Mom, I love you.  Thank you for being my Mom.
Thank you for all of the happy memories that you made
with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment