Thursday, June 2, 2011

Summer Bucket List

Last night, I was doing one of my favorite things...
what my husband calls "random blog
surfing"
I came across a very cute blog
called "Little Wonders' Days".
This particular blogging mama had a great idea.
She calls it her "Summer Bucket List".
The idea being that she and her kids make a list of all the fun
things that they want to do over the summer, and then they do them.
I thought the "bucket list" was a great idea.  So, after
explaining the idea to my kids, then explaining the phrase "bucket list",
then reassuring them that no one was going to be "kicking the bucket",
we came up with a pretty long list.
I was thrilled at some of the ideas that my kids came up with.
Ideas like, "Write a thank you letter to a soldier",
"Donate dog biscuits to the humane society", "Read together".
When we were done, we had almost one hundred ideas.
Following the original summer bucket list idea, we took our list
and divided it into things that would only take an hour or two and things
that would take all day.
Each morning, depending on our schedule, we plan on drawing from our bucket
list buckets and then doing something fun and memorable together.
The kids are super excited about some of our fun ideas, and I have to admit, so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment