Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Type of Mom

I used to be the type of Mom that only
believed in milk, water, carrot sticks.
You know, the type that banned all sorts of dyes,
flavored juices, high fructose corn syrup.
That type of Mom.
I said, "I will never let my kids drink  (fill in the blank)"
"I will never let my kids eat (fill in the blank)"
Then, something happened.  I became a Mom who realized
that they are only kids once.
I don't jack them up on sugar and high
fructose corn syrup and all that other stuff that nutritionists say
we shouldn't give our kids, but
on a hot sunny day, when our friends come over to play,
and swim,
I have become the type of Mom that just might have
two big jugs of Hawaiian punch sitting out,
under the tree, just for my kids
to drink.
After all, they are only kids once.

1 comment:

  1. Jenny I just wanted to say that you are so inspiring to me!!! I agree........kids are only kids for a short time.....enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete