Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Doodle Bug

She once shared that she was afraid she wouldn't
be a good mother because she had been taken away from
her birth mother.
Funny what she thinks about.
Funny what she worries about.
She, who can entertain toddlers for hours
with arts, crafts, games and ideas.
She who is patient through all of their tantrums, screams,
and demands for more.
She, who stays with them, even when offered the opportunity to escape.
My eldest. My only girl. The light of my heart, of my life.
She will make a wonderful mother some day, if that's what she
chooses.
For she is sweet and kind and loving.
She is patient and fun and funny.
She is a blessing in our home, in our lives,
and in our family.
I told her all of these things. I hope that she believed
me.  She doesn't need to worry about being a good mother.
She will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment