Thursday, February 17, 2011

Math Games and Reading Nooks

My Doodles HATES math.  She really, really hates it.
I've have tried all sorts of bribes, tricks, activities to try and get her
to enjoy the process of math.  No go, until today.
I found a math game on line.  You use cards,
think up different problems, the trick-the product
can't be less than 350 and it can't be more than 500.
Sounded easy.  It really wasn't. It was a lot of fun.
My math hater did math for almost two hours.
Two hours!!
After all that math work/fun
the kids holed up with books.
This is what I saw in my laundry room.
Big K. decided to make today a pajama day.
P. can't read yet, but he doesn't ever want
to be left out of what the big kids are doing. 
He also decided to make today a pajama day.
And Baby J., reading is too much down time for
him.  I found him, in his bedroom, on his sit and spin,
with the blanket over his head.
"Me cold Mommy, me cold."
Not sure if he was really cold, or if he just liked the
idea of spinning around with something on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment